Top 10 Fantasy Football Online Draft Tips
- Updated: September 8, 2015
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post as a part of a campaign I’m doing with Verizon FiOS in Philadelphia. #FiOSPhilly
The NFL Season is only a few days away! This means many of us Fantasy Guru’s are putting the books down and ready to start picking. Below is a list of 10 tips you may find helpful for drafting. Let us know your favorite and some of your own helpful tips!
1. Have reliable internet (we prefer Verizon Fios)! The last thing you want is to have the computer auto draft back to back QBs!
2. Next best available is not always accurate! Read your point system and evaluate. Some commissioners add additional points for receptions that online leagues may ignore.
3. Be in a quite place. In fantasy drafts you need to carefully evaluate each selection and that baby in the background might cause distractions.
4. Stock up on food! You cant draft on an empty stomach…well at least I cant.
5. Draft Alone, a friend will likely make decisions you will regret.
6. Read the injury reports online! Jordy Nelson is out with a torn ACL! Taking him in the 6th round is not a steal!
7. Backup QBs can be taken in late rounds. There is no reason to gamble on a backup before the 10th round.
8. RB’s are scarce – but yet always get injured. I prefer taking a RB in later rounds focusing on WR and QB’s.
9. Talk Smack, nothing like getting in your competition’s head before the season.
10. Trade Bait and Gambling — make sure you take a few sleepers who will hopefully open your team for trades.