- ‘Ferrari’s back': Vettel earns 1st win with team
- Bama’s Taylor arrested for domestic violence
- NHL Three Stars: In which Tyler Bozak tallies a hat trick vs. Ottawa (Puck Daddy)
- <img width=”18″ height=”10″ src=”/images/video.gif”>Irish’s last gasp falls short vs. Kentucky
- M’s prospect dies 6 weeks after boat accident
Phillies Darren Daulton diagnosed with two brain tumors
- Updated: June 27, 2013
Former All-Star catcher Darren Daulton has been diagnosed with two brain tumors and will undergo surgery next week.
Daulton, who played 14½ of his 15 seasons for the Philadelphia Phillies, has hosted “Talking Baseball with Dutch” at 97.5 The Fanatic the last four years.The station released this statement Thursday:
Darren Daulton has not been feeling well over the past two weeks. He went to the doctor who discovered two brain tumors and is scheduled for surgery early next week. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this difficult time. Of course we want to respect his privacy at a time like this, but if you would like to send him get well wishes you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daulton was a key part of the Phillies’ NL championship team in 1993. He finished his career with the 1997 World Series champion Florida Marlins.