- OTL: Study finds many hockey helmets unsafe
- Vettel wins Malaysian GP for 1st Ferrari win
- Bama’s Taylor arrested for domestic violence
- NHL Three Stars: In which Tyler Bozak tallies a hat trick vs. Ottawa (Puck Daddy)
- <img width=”18″ height=”10″ src=”/images/video.gif”>Irish’s last gasp falls short vs. Kentucky
Felix Jones visits Philadelphia Eagles for a workout
- Updated: May 8, 2013
The former Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick finally has a second suitor. Jones worked out for the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, a source informed of the visit told NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport on Tuesday. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported the workout.
Jones showed his usual flashes of playmaking ability last season, but his effectiveness waned when forced to carry the load with DeMarco Murray out of the Cowboys’ lineup. In that sense, Chip Kelly’s up-tempo offense is a good fit. Jones is no more than a rotational player, which would be his role with the Eagles.
The problem for Jones is three-fold: LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown are locked into the first two spots on the depth chart. Jones is not a major contributor on special teams. The Eagles already have picked up promising undrafted free agent Miguel Maysonet to battle Chris Polk for No. 3 duties.
It all adds up to a tire-kicking session, with the Eagles’ coaching staff stashing Jones’ workout information in case of an injury to one of their running backs.